Reporting to the General Manager of Solid Waste Management, you’ll establish, implement, integrate, maintain and coordinate effective processes and frameworks in order to monitor contract compliance and management, along with expenditures, while continually examining and seeking opportunities for contract synergies across the Division, and the integration of ISO certifications where applicable.
As Manager, Contract Integration Management & Compliance, you’ll ensure that divisional contracts are consistent, that project managers are ensuring contractors meet specified and required obligations, and that overall contract compliance frameworks are met. Maintaining line of sight of all divisional contracts with a view to finding efficiencies where possible, you’ll develop frameworks for operational, business, quality and risk management systems, and facilitate the development and promotion of a formalized contract management system.
This senior mandate comes complete with the usual managerial responsibilities – from developing and implementing detailed plans and recommending policies regarding program-specific requirements, to developing and administering the annual budget, and ensuring that expenditures are controlled within approved budget limitations. A capable leader, you’ll supervise the day-to-day operations of all assigned staff, scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing staff motivation and training, ensuring effective teamwork, and high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and promoting continuous learning and innovation.
The City and Division will rely on you to lead the way by monitoring the effectiveness of current contract management policies and procedures organization-wide, setting standards and protocols to ensure value for money, and contributing to the continuous improvement of the Division’s performance through analysis and the development and implementation of sound management practices and procedures.
Among the other strengths you bring to the role of Manager, Contract Integration Management & Compliance will be the following key qualifications:
1. Extensive management experience in the area of operational contract review and development, planning and policy development, quality assurance and security reviews, and continuous improvement and program evaluation.
2. Extensive experience leading, motivating, developing and managing a diverse workforce in a fast-paced, politically sensitive, customer service and results-oriented environment.
3. Experience in financial analysis and reporting processes, including budget preparation and control, expenditure forecasting, preparation and interpretation of financial reports, and reporting on key performance indicators for a large-scale public or private sector organization.
4. Considerable experience managing compliance and risk management issues relating to business and financial operations.
5. Post-secondary education in Public Administration, Business, Accounting/Auditing or a related field relevant to the job function, or an equivalent combination of educational and/or experience.
Both a strategic thinker and a results-oriented leader with excellent project management, analytical and problem-solving skills, comfortable working in a highly demanding environment with many competing priorities, you have the ability to take an active role in creating an environment of innovation, collaboration, transparency, accountability and trust while promoting a strong code of ethics and integrity.
This key managerial role will also call into play your knowledge and understanding of collective agreements, policies and government legislation such as the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and the Employment Standards, Occupational Health & Safety and Human Rights acts.
Salary Range: $110,965.40 - $130,366.60 per year
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Manager of Contract Integration Management & Compliance within our Solid Waste Management Services Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on this and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at https://jobs.toronto.ca/jobsatcity/. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting Job ID 204, by October 11, 2019.
• Applicants are required to demonstrate in their application/resume that their qualifications match those specified in the job posting. Additional information submitted after the job posting closing date will not be accepted
• Assessment may include an interview, written and/or practical test. Location of assessment to be determined
• Information in preparing for City job competitions is available on the Job Opportunities website
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
10 Alcorn Avenue, Toronto