A world-class transformational HR leader with a history of blended strategic thinking and successful hands-on implementation will welcome this unique opportunity to transform the face of HR service delivery at North America’s fourth largest municipality!
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, the City of Toronto is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Human Resources is a mission-critical function within the City’s complex multi-site, multi-division and multi-stakeholder environment, where a dedicated team of approximately 33,500 employees is the driving force behind the City’s ability to provide programs and services to residents, businesses and visitors alike.
The City's People & Equity Division, led by the Chief People Officer, has undertaken an ambitious program to modernize all services and functions. As part of this modernization, the Division will be creating an HR Shared Services group (called the Service Hub) – a new concept to the Division – that will, eventually, be responsible for delivering the majority of the Division's Services and act as a Centre of Service Excellence within the People & Equity Division.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director, HR Service Delivery (Shared Services) will be responsible for bringing the Service Hub idea to reality. The Director will design and implement the Service Hub in an ambitious, but feasible, timeline.
Leveraging prior experience creating an HR Shared Service centre, you know how to optimize business results, improve employee experience, and work as an influencer in a complex multi-stakeholder environment. Leading by example, you will develop a high-performing team that provides best-in-class service and has a foundation based in diversity and equity.
We are seeking candidates with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills that have experience leading service delivery transformations, specifically with HR-related functions.
Other pivotal priorities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver, monitor and evaluate continuous improvement: this will roll out across all HR services while providing data analytics that will build a metrics driven HR Service Delivery Hub offering evolved reporting, dashboards and tracking channels to provide actionable insight on service delivery;
• Align and integrate HR transformation: Ensure goals align with priorities and overall corporate business needs and objectives.
• Define and establish processes, policies and procedures: Lead this aspect across HR Service Delivery teams and build scalable and compliant processes to sustain transformation efforts.
• Drive process reengineering (design) and standardization: Starting from diagnostic stage through to implementation and maintenance by evaluating, improving and standardizing processes that best meet the City’s needs.
• Communication; Ensure HR transformation goals, processes, roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and effectively communicated to all participants and stakeholders.
• Stakeholder Management: Provide direction and guidance to management while collaborating with other directors in the division to streamline and facilitate transition of services to the Service Hub.
• HRIS Technology Leadership: Enable technology roadmap through optimization of the HRIS platform (Success Factors) and identification of existing and new technologies.
• Cultivate Customer Service and Delivery HR work force: Ensure high-performing professionals that formulate SLAs, escalation standards and guidelines with a focus on operational accuracy and effectiveness.
• Lead Organization Development, Learning & Workforce Planning: On a transitional basis, lead the Organization Development, Learning & Workforce Planning team ensuring that the team's services are optimally delivered.
• Process Efficiency and Continuous Improvement: Ensuring that all processes necessary for an HR services hub are well integrated and running efficiently once the new structure is fully established.
• Harmonization: Ensure existing HR service delivery align with newly established processes and structures in ways that holistically integrate and enhance HR services and efficiencies within the newly established hub.
Through consultation and inclusive leadership, you will foster a customer service focus and culture that transforms client experience, administration, customer service, automation and operational efficiencies. An excellent communicator and relationship builder, you believe in collaboration to gain trust, influence and inspire people in your own division as well as cross-functionally in a unionized, matrix organization.
Your professional experience in building Shared Service Delivery models that promote organizational integration and transformation over the last 10+ years attest to your ability of driving large-scale implementations with diverse stakeholders in complex organizations. An adept strategic thinker, you have a stellar reputation for developing people, processes, service delivery optimization, operational redesign, cost reduction, as well as performance improvement. Experience in organizational development, learning and workforce planning is an asset.
To apply for this exciting transformational HR leadership role, submit your application to Phelps, at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Application deadline: September 27, 2019.
Phelps - 401 Bay Street, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4
Phone: 416 364 6229